SwitchPitch centralizes all startup engagement activity for established companies
SwitchPitch enables established companies to get their innovation projects achieved. Established companies use the Connect platform to identify high-quality startups perfectly suited to the project needs — startups that tear down the barriers that keep established companies from creating innovation: lack of resources, understaffing, and speed to market — to develop a comprehensive, creative, on-target solution.
Here’s how it works:
- Established companies search our 15,000+ startup database to identify potential fits – tagging startups and posting notes along the way
- Once startups are located, a project is created that outlines its needs, qualifications, budget, timeline, and vision.
- Established companies invite startups to apply. Our platform notifies hundreds of additional startups that a relevant project is available.
- High-quality startups that project put together a bid on SwitchPitch’s online submission platform.
- Established companies use Connect to reviews submissions, communicate with startups, search for other startups and manage the entire process.
“What if you had the power to accept or deny a giant company’s business? This isn’t a dream. It’s the premise behind SwitchPitch, a two-year-old event series that asks major companies like IBM and HBO to run their technology needs by fast-growing and able-bodied startups.”
“Overall the event was a smash hit, and will be a catalyst for some dynamic relationships and networks to start being built in the D.C. region.”
“At this Sadie Hawkins dance for startups, HBO pitches you.”
“The evident popularity of the SwitchPitch — which featured truncated spiels from The Motley Fool, LivingSocial, Gannett and others — speaks to… one of the region’s most nagging problems: the gulf between the corporate and entrepreneurial worlds.”